Hey friends! I am excited to write about my very first Memebox. (This is pronounced me-me box but nothing will ever stop me from calling it “meem” box.) I have been jealously reading other bloggers’ experiences with Memeboxes and one night I was very tired and just ordered a few of them. Memeboxes are not subscription boxes, but they are (usually) mystery boxes of Korean beauty and skin products. I ordered my boxes over a month ago but since Memeboxes come from Korea, I do not expect quick shipping. I also do not pay for expedited shipping because I am too cheap for that. Additionally, Memeboxes tend to have later release dates. For example, I was looking at a Memebox today and its ship date wasn’t until December. So sometimes you may see a great box but you have to realize it’s going to be a little while before it finally gets to you.
Memeboxes have themes and then the products within tend to work around that theme. The theme I chose was “Head-to-Toe.” What products did they send me? Well, you’d be wise to find out. (Spoiler alert: they are hilarious.)
I was pleasantly surprised to see a box of full sized products! I am so used to getting samples in most of my boxes so that’s neat.
Memeboxes always come with a card that explains the products in English which is very important, as most of the language on the products is Korean. I can’t read Korean.
I am going to give you the full Memebox experience so I will share the exact wording with you.
1. Milky Piggy Collagen Coating Protein Ion Injection: Packed with ceremide 3, collagen extracts, bean protein extracts, and various plant extracts, this hair essence from Elizavecca will deliver real protein and nutrition, and transform flaky damaged, straw ends to silky smooth hair. It’ll literally coat your hair with protein and moisture, and all you need is a short 5 minute application because you don’t have to wash it off at all. How to use: Apply the hair essence over dried hair. Do not wash off after application.
When I first saw this product, I was very confused. I wasn’t sure what it was for. And I didn’t quite understand what all those words meant together. However, I should have just referred to the box where it has a pig on it, drying her hair with a floating hairdryer. Obviously. I’m a little concerned about how I’m supposed to apply it to dry hair. That seems odd but I will try it someday.
2. Tosowong Micro Face Towel: Microfibers in this ultra gentle face towel addresses all skin care problems by eliminating dead skin, exfoliating the surface skin, removing excessive sebum and removing black heads. Microfibers in the towel provide a deep pore cleansing to clear pores of any junk for clean and smooth skin. How to use: Rinse face with lukewarm water to open up pores. Apply a facial cleanser onto the towel and later. Massage your from starting from the forehead down to the chin. Rinse with lukewarm water. (Editor’s note: That is the wording. Not a typo on my part.)
This is one of the least terrifying items in the box. This essentially looks like a nice wash cloth and I’ll definitely try it out.
3. Tosowong Time Shift Serum: This Time Shift Serum is enriched with nutrition-rich fermented extracts, galactomyces ferments, snail mucus extracts, bifida ferments, and various plant oils. It works to soothe and deeply moisturize the skin by creating a protective layer on top. Basically, this nourishing serum will fill your skin with intense hydration for a water-ful, glowing complexion! How to use: After toner application, apply the serum generously over your face and pat it in for full absorbance.
This is sort of terrifying. I’m not sure I WANT to put snail mucus extracts on my face. However, I will do pretty much anything for beauty, so I will try it. I put a little on the back of my hand and it was SUPER moisturizing. I tend to have SUPER dry skin during the winter so I might give this a try.
4. ProYou Body Scrub Peeling Emulsion: This is a lotion-type exfoliator enriched with various hydrating ingredients such as shea butter and vitamin E, which help protect the skin from losing its moisture level while the jojoba scrub gently rubs away all dead skin cells and skin impurities. Plus, the plant complex consisting of rosemary, chamomile, centella asiatica, green tea, and licorice extracts to help to soothe and to strengthen the adaptability to different skin conditions. How to use: Take a generous amount of the body scrub with your hands and gently massage it all over your body. Rinse off with warm water.
This is less terrifying. I can work with a body scrub. As mentioned, I have that crazy dry skin so I am excited to use this to soften up.
5. Bulgarian Rose Premium Feminine Secret Cleanser: Infused with Damask rose oil and cabbage rose water extracted from the 3 thousand roses in the Rose Valley, Bulgaria, this feminine cleanser not only removes foul odor but also thoroughly cleanses and leaves women’s secret zone with a sophisticated and attractive floral fragrance. How to use: Wet the vulva with warm water first. Lather the Secret Cleanser to create enough foam and massage it over the vulva. Rinse off with warm water multiple times and towel dry to finish off. It’s recommended to be used twice a day or
OK. Now we are getting personal, Memebox! Memebox wants my box to smell like sophisticated roses. Also, I am concerned by the instructions. They simply end like that. TWICE A DAY OR WHAT. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON’T USE TWICE A DAY?! I am concerned. However, my mom told me when I was in middle school that soap and water is all that I need, so I’m not sure my vulva is going to smell like sophisticated roses anytime soon. I am just waiting for a joke from my friend Jessica about my sophisticated vulva. It’s only a matter of time.
6. Milky Dress Foot Essence Sweat Free: Milky Dress’ Foot Essence Sweat Free is made from camellia oil, green tea extracts, panthenol, and black bean extracts. It works to remove any sweaty foul smell from your foot, leaving a soft and silky finish after application to prevent sweat-instigated heat rash or itching in the future. How to use: Squeeze out a generous amount of the foot essence and gently massage it over your feet until full absorbance.
Now, I have to read you what the bottle says: Take away sweat unpleasant odor of sweat and various bodily waste from feet and groin to make feel refreshed once applied and keep downy for a long time.
Um. I have a lot of follow-up questions. I really don’t know where I am supposed to put this. The descriptions mention both feet and groin and I am terrified again. Memebox is getting personal again! I am concerned! I am mostly concerned about Korean women. What various bodily waste do they have going on? (That is a quote from Beth of Beeju Boxes.) I am scared of this product. All I know is that it is not going near my groin.
I’m rating my first Memebox a C. I am excited (and only slightly terrified) of the first three products and extremely terrified of the last few. I am also not sure what to do with my Bulgarian Rose Feminine Cleanser. That’s not really something you can gift. Actually, maybe I will. Jill? Christmas is coming. However, I was greatly entertained by the variety of products and it was neat that they were all full sized. I’m really hoping that I will find an amazing product from Korea that will make me look 20 so I’m willing to try a lot of different things! And if it’s snail mucus, that’s just how it’s going to be.
Normally I would have a coupon code to give you, but as of this writing I have a coupon code that expires tomorrow and when this posts it will be after tomorrow. However, when I get new coupon codes I will send you updates!