Hello, friends! And welcome to my third Memebox review. For those of you who are new to the Memebox game, Memebox is actually NOT a subscription box. Rather, Memebox puts together mystery boxes of Korean beauty products, usually around a theme. Now, because these products are from Korea, you can expect shipping times as such. Most boxes range between $20-$30 but since this box is considered a “Superbox” and contains all full size products, it was $38.99. I bought it in conjunction with a few other boxes to receive a shipping discount but those other boxes won’t be here til December or possibly January. Now, at this point in time, I have put myself on a Memebox buying hiatus because money is tighter these days while we are building our house so I like that I don’t entirely know when these other boxes are going to show up. Makes it fun to have surprise packages show up randomly. I could probably track them more closely, but I will not.
This particular theme is “Holika Holika” which is apparently a brand of products in Korea. The always important product card describes the items in the boxes, as the actual items are usually in Korean or poorly worded English.
- Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing BB Oil ($17): I didn’t take a picture of this one by itself but you can see the light blue bottle in the box and on the second card. This is an interesting product because most oil cleansers are meant to be put on dry skin and rinsed off wet but this one has instructions that say to lather well with water and massage into skin. This turns the oil into a cream and it really does cleanse the skin super well! It also removed all traces of mascara I was wearing and it wasn’t super drying either. This will be a good product for winter.
- Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick ($9): I received this lipstick in Kissing Red, and I have to say that without a doubt, this is definitely the cutest lipstick I have ever owned. I mean, seriously. Look at that. I almost didn’t want to use it. But I am a journalist and a scientist so I knew I had to try it. FOR YOU. And you know what? The results were lovely. It’s not a true red, more of a rosy red. It looks really good with my skin tone and it’s quite moisturizing. I’ll definitely be using this regularly!
- Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly Starter ($16): This is a product I had never heard of before but I’m quite intrigued by. It’s essentially a “jelly” textured primer, meant to deliver “hydration and brings back a natural glow to otherwise dry, dull complexion.” This is a pink, shimmery almost foundation-like liquid but when applied, the shimmer is quite subtle and it smooths out the skin to prepare it for makeup. This will look nice under different bb creams that have a sheerer texture so that the shimmer will show through a bit. I don’t want to scare you with the word “shimmer” because it’s very subtle. It just makes skin look healthy. I’m interested in putting this into my routine!
- Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel ($7): To me, this looks straight up like Aloe Vera gel, which it is. This formula is free of parabens, benzophenon, mineral oil, and artificial coloring. Whenever summer comes around, I tend to get excited about going to the pool. And when I go to the pool, I get a little confused about how pale I am and like to imagine I am going to tan that day. That never happens. Instead I burn and I go buy Aloe. Because somehow, between the last time that happened, I lost my Aloe. I’m hoping because of this fun leaf shape, I will not lose this Aloe and it will be at the ready next Summer! The card says it can be used as a hair essence (?), hair treatment pack (?), facial cream, soothing pack, eye patch (?), aftershave gel, body soothing gel, hand and foot essence. Uhhh. Ok.
- Holika Holika Jewel-light Shimmer Eyes ($5): I am assuming the shade I received is “Yogurt.” This is a neutral matte shade with an extremely nice and velvet-y texture. Sometimes eye shadows I receive in boxes can be super chalky and that is not the issue here. This will be going into rotation immediately!
- Holika Holika Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Powder ($9): This is a finishing powder in a sheer color that will work for everyone. I’ve tried a little bit of it and it looks decent. I like the portability of it but wish it had a mirror.
- Holika Holika Neon Beam Nails ($4): I received this in Momo Pink and it seems like a regular nail polish but however it will glow in the dark when under UV lights. I am assuming they mean a blacklight? I have more than enought nail polish than I know what to do with so I might give this to my co-worker’s daughter! I’m not really a pink nail polish girl anyway but this seems nice enough.
- Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof eyeliner ($6 not pictured): I realized too late that I forgot to take a solo picture of this eyeliner but I received it in Black Crystal. This seems like a really nice, blendable black eyeliner with a bit of shimmer to it but it isn’t GLITTER. It isn’t tween looking. It’s smudge-able and wearable and I’ll definitely be using this.
I receive 8 full sized products and there is really only one I am not going to use. Is it worth $39? According to the retail value, this month’s Memebox is worth $73 but I’m still not sure I’m thrilled with the value. That said, I do like the products I received. I’m going to rate this box a B based on value. I will be giving away that pink nail polish but I’m going to start incorporating the rest of the products into my routine. Though the Aloe really goes into my routine during the summer months, I think the shape and amount of the Aloe will help me not lose it by the time summer comes around. Click the link below if you are interested in buying some Memeboxes for yourself! And please tell me about the ones you get! I love reading about all the different Memeboxes out there!
<a href=”http://us.memebox.com/?acc=dea9ddb25cbf2352cf4dec30222a02a5&bannerid=4″ target=”_blank”><img src=”http://us.memebox.com/js/magestore/affiliateplus/banner.php?id=4&account_id=1930&store_id=1″ title=”memebox 2″ width=”870″ height=”387″ /></a>