My December Ipsy bag came today! For $10/month, ipsy sends a makeup bag with 5-6 samples, some high end, and some drugstore. They also usually have a very confusing theme that does not make sense seasonally or with the products they include, but hey, I guess they somewhat try. The card they include to tell us the theme never includes information about the products they include in the bag, which is kind of a bummer.
This month they included:
- sexy hair Style Sexy Hair 450 degree blow out: I love receiving blow dry spray in subscription boxes because 1. I never run out and 2. These are great sizes for travel. I have never tried this one before but I like the brand so I am looking forward to trying it.
- Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish: This formula comes with a sponge wand that dips into loose mineral pigments in a pearlish shimmer shadow. This goes on smoothly and I like this better than loose mineral pigments you have to apply with a brush.
- BWC Facial Cleanser: I have never heard of this brand but it seems like a nice cleanser. Could be good for travel.
- tarte lights, camera lashes mascara: I love tarte products. It’s one of my favorite all time brands and I love receiving mascara samples in boxes. This is something I’m excited to start using. I also need a new purse mascara so this might live there.
- NYX butter lip balm: I was really excited to receive NYX butter lip balm because their lip products are always getting rave reviews but while the formula is nice, I literally look like a dead person when I wear this color. It is the worst color I have ever worn and I look incredibly dead. I almost included a picture of how I look dead but it is too terrifying. This is going to live in the trash can.
I am going to rate this month’s ipsy bag a B. I like receiving blow dry spray in boxes (I have never had to buy this at a store), I like the eye shadow and its interesting application and neutral color and I really love the tarte mascara. While the NYX butter lip balm currently resides in the trash, it was nice to be able to try the formula. I probably won’t be using the facial cleanser but I might put it in my travel bag. If you are interested in subscribing to ipsy, click this link!
Do you subscribe to ipsy? Let me know what you received in the comments!