I have to say that I really, really love being chosen for Influenster campaigns. In their own words:
“Influenster is a community of tastemakers, social media hotshots, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences. In Influenster Nation, influence is currency.”
Once you join Influenster (which you could easily do here) they will occasionally send you questionnaires based on your profiles that they think would be a good fit for you. I’m not sure the exact analytics behind how one is chosen for a campaign but it might have to do with your profile combined with your social media reach. I’ve received a few different boxes over the years but this is my first box since starting Boxy Ladies and it’s such a good fit.
The contents of the box are a bit random this time around but I like them overall!
The contents include:
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Sachet: This was a foil packet sized sample of a serum that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles for younger looking skin in 2 weeks. I liked that they included this type of product in this box but the foil packet type samples are difficult to really get a feel for how they work on your skin. This product felt very nice on my skin and under moisturizer but I can’t really speak to its long term effects.
- EcoTools Hair Brush: It took me awhile to use this. I let it sit in the box for over a week. Once I finally used it, I was angry at myself for letting it sit there. Confession time: I have used the same hairbrush for almost a decade. Perhaps longer than a decade. It’s kind of a knock off of a Mason Pearson brush. (I would never spend that much on a hairbrush though. Duh.) Once I tried this EcoTools Hair Brush, I was blown away at how light it was and how nice it felt when I was brushing my hair. It almost massaged my head. It was wonderful! And it was really nice when I was blow drying my hair as well. I’m not the most savvy when it comes to styling my hair but this brush really helped my hair dry a bit faster I think than my other brush.
- McCormick Gourmet Thyme: I was really pleased to receive this seasoning? Spice? I just realized I didn’t know what it was. Obviously I know what Thyme is but it actually appears to be one I was missing. I am going to ask my friend Melissa about some Thyme recipes she might recommend!
- Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea: I have never been a hot tea drinker. Probably because I am scared of hot liquids. Even my coffee, I have to cool off with cream so I can drink it. However, I really love the ritual of having tea. I feel like fancy ladies have tea. My mom has tea– she’s fancy. Lisa Vanderpump has tea parties. Tea seems to be something that I should get into. 2015 might be the year I start drinking tea. I will keep you posted.
- Fruit Vines Bites: I have to tell you that these Fruit Vines lasted about 5 minutes because when I received this box I promptly ate all of them. For lunch. Perhaps not the most balanced meal but it was very, very delicious. This might sound weird but I love the taste of strawberry artificial flavoring more than the taste of actual strawberries. I will eat anything artificial strawberry flavored at any time. This is a promise and a threat. I love it so much. Please send me Strawberry DumDums, Influenster!
- NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum: I really loved this lip color! It closely matches my lips but just a bit deeper so this is a color that is very flattering on me. It’s a little frosty which isn’t something I normally gravitate towards but it wasn’t overpoweringly shimmery. This is my first time trying an NYC lipstick and I’m impressed with the staying power as well as the color. It lasted through a meal and didn’t need many touch ups throughout the day. And you can’t really beat the $1.99 price tag.
- Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: I typically reach for makeup remover wipes when I am taking off my makeup so I haven’t tried a formula like this in quite awhile. I used to find those liquid makeup removers very oily and would irritate my eyes/contacts if any happened to get into my eyes, which is not entirely out of the equation when you are trying to remove eye makeup. I am pleased to report that this formula isn’t oily at all. It removed my regular eye makeup very easily and it didn’t irritate my eyes at all. I haven’t tried it on waterproof mascara but I did find that I had to scrub a little when I used it to remove the waterproof eyeliner below. I still like the convenience of my wipes but this definitely changed my opinion on this type of makeup remover. It is definitely going to be my backup!
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner: This is an extremely pigmented and creamy black eyeliner. I realized that until now, I hadn’t owned any waterproof black eyeliners like this before. When I did a swatch, I was really impressed with the color payout as well as the staying power. I really had to scrub to get the swatch off of my arm which makes me curious to see how this would stand up on my waterline. It only takes a few seconds for the liner to “set” so this would also make for a great cat eye.
Final Grade: A
This was a strange combination of items but I really liked all of them! The only thing I am not immediately using is the tea but that’s because I’m not a tea drinker. Yet. I was pleased to discover a new hairbrush (and wasn’t it about time?) and those Fruit Vines were gone in seconds. I have finally received a neutral lip color in a box that WORKS for me and I have my first waterproof eyeliner pencil. This box was a home run!
If you are interested in becoming an Influenster, click here! It’s really fun, especially if you like giving your opinion on things, like we do.