I am loving the trend of the big superstores sending out seasonal Beauty Boxes. Unlike Target’s box, Walmart’s box is an actual subscription. For $5, they will send you a quarterly box of drugstore makeup/body/hair products. Can anyone say “Bargain?” There are a few different variations of this box but I am thrilled with the one I received.
- Loreal Oleo Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner: These are decent sized samples that would be great for traveling. They are infused with oils but are said to be weightless and are for damaged hair so I’m excited to try this to see if it would be good for my bottle blonde hair. Hopefully the oils won’t make my hair too greasy. I’m excited that the samples are so generous and would last a good week!
- Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off Makeup Removal Cloths: I LOVE these things, from any brand, really. I find that washing my face with just my hands or even with my Clarisonic doesn’t ever remove all of my eye makeup so I always go over my eyes with a makeup remover cloth. I know I keep saying this, but this particular pack would be great for traveling. I just got back from a trip to see my parents and I only had one wipe in my last travel pack left. I like keeping these on hand so I am thrilled to have this.
- Jergens BB Body cream: This is a travel size of an item I already have a full-sized version of. By now, we all know what a face BB cream is but now we finally have the body version which is basically a slightly tinted body lotion that blurs imperfections and helps even skin tone over time. I immediately stuck this in my travel bag as well because for whatever reason, even though I have received approximately a billion boxes, I could not for the life of me find a body lotion for my trip to SA. This won’t happen again now that I have this little guy.
- Nivea Cocoa Butter lotion sample: This was a tiny sample packet that I used on my hands and helped with their dryness. I gravitate towards Nivea lotions because they are so moisturizing but this one didn’t grab me. However, I was glad I got the chance to try it!
- Maybelline Powder sample: For a powder sample on a piece of paper, this seemed pretty generous. I thought I would just get a tiny swipe and that would be it but that sample kept going and going and going. It also seemed to give very decent coverage for a powder and I might actually consider buying this product when my Clinique powder runs out.
- Maybelline full-sized lipstick in Maple Kiss: I can’t remember ever trying a Maybelline lipstick before so I am grateful I had the opportunity to try it. The color wasn’t terrible either. It was a brown-ish nude but it doesn’t look horrible on me like some nudes do. I could make it work but it’s not something I will reach for on the daily.
Final Grade: A
For $5, I got a box of products that I seriously like. I am excited to try the shampoo and conditioner, I received makeup remover wipes I love, a travel size of a lotion I love, and I got to try a few other products I had never used before. For the price of a Venti Latte, that is a great deal to me.
There aren’t any referral bonuses for this particular subscription box but if you are interested in subscribing, click here! I think these boxes are an amazing value and I think you should sign up!