Hi, friends! Sorry for the lateness of the December 2014 Glossybox review but, you know. Holidays and whatnot. I’m still not totally sold on Glossybox but holy hell do they know how to package a box. Look at how cute this thing is! I mean, seriously. I love opening Glossybox packages. But will the contents stand up? Time will tell. For $21/month, you receive a box of five luxury beauty products.
Inside the box:
- NUXE Masque Creme Fraiche De Beaute ($32): This seems like another “overnight mask” which is popular right now. While I like these kind of products, I get annoyed with the “overnight mask” terminology because let’s face it– this is a night cream.
- Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng & Ginkgo Bilboa ($17): I really love hand scrubs. I keep my Julep one in the kitchen so I can use it every few days when I have a few minutes. I put this one under the kitchen sink so I can use it once my Julep one runs out. I also like using the scrub before doing my nails.
- Toni&Guy Leave In Conditioner ($16.99): This looks like a great product, and I trust the Toni&Guy brand but for my short, fine hair, it doesn’t seem like a product that would do much for me. However, I can see this working really well if you have curly or thick hair. I’m saving it for my curly-haired gal pal Regan.
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque ($19.99): Once again, my camera is not showing colors very well but I got a new light box after I took these pictures so hopefully future blog pictures will be better. This lipstick is a beautiful blue-red that looks great on me. I know, so humble. But those blue-reds make my teeth look so white and this creamy formula is very moisturizing. This is a color and formula that needs precision but once you get it situated, it’s great.
- Ciate Mini Paint Pot in Yule Rules ($10): I have only ever tried one Ciate nail polish and I liked it but I always see beautiful, drool-worthy sets that they make. I tend to have a lot of nail polish but that never stopped me from wanting more. (It’s a sickness.)
Final Grade: B
The packaging always gets an A+ from me, but as your mother always says, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. I love the lipstick, the nail polish and the hand scrub, while I’m apathetic about the overnight mask and the leave in conditioner just doesn’t work for me. However, the quality and the value of the products is always nice. I technically paid $15 for this since I bought a 3 month set for $45 and the value of the box is $95.98. $15 for almost $100. That ain’t shabby, friends.
If you are interested in subscribing to Glossybox, click here for the referral link! Using our referral links always helps us bring you the best contents and isn’t that what you want? Isn’t it what we ALL want? Also, Glossybox, uses ebates. You should really be using ebates, too.