I am pleased to bring you our January Birchbox review! We had a choice between a few different boxes this month and I chose this Tone It Up + Birchbox collaboration box because I just LOVE those Tone It Up girls. When I was working on losing weight a few years ago, I became a member of the Tone It Up community. I love that Karena and Katrina publish free workout videos on YouTube and they make working out seem more fun than it actually is. They are also beautiful so if they were going to put together a box of products, I am totally interested in what they have to say!
Birchbox was one of the very first subscription boxes and they have got this down to a science now. For $10/mo, you receive a box of beauty products/samples and their packaging is always on point. It’s not quite as good as Glossybox but hey–can’t really beat that $10 price tag.
I love this January box. I hoard these boxes for my crafts/gifts so I always love when they make the boxes extra special.
Here are this month’s products!
- Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Sampler: I recently received a full size Coastal Scents palette in December’s Boxycharm box and I really like it. They are basically making Urban Decay NAKED dupes at a fraction of the cost ($19/95 for full size) and I’m totally OK with that. Birchbox included a 4 shadow sampler that is TOTALLY perfect for your purse (or gym bag.) It includes two matte browns, a shimmery white and a shimmery grey/brown. Perfect for creating all sorts of looks .
- Coola Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion: Those Tone It Up girls are always working out at the beach because they live in LA. For the rest of us, this is the dead of winter. So while I would like to try it, I am not really experiencing much sun to have use of any After Sun lotion. But I’ll throw this in my pool bag this summer and look forward to trying it then. Full size is $32.
- Whish Three Wishes Body Butter: I really liked this sample of body butter. Very creamy for my dry hands. I like the lavender scent also. I like using a lavender scented lotion on my hands around bedtime because of its calming/relaxing elements. This was a really nice lotion that I might even buy again. The full size is $24.
- Aquareveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for Face: That is the fanciest way of saying “face wash” I have ever heard, thought it says it’s a “treatment.” It really seems very much like a face wash. Full size is $49.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: I have received samples of this dry shampoo in other boxes and while other people love to rave about this stuff, for me, it doesn’t seem to absorb as much oil and give me the volume I’m looking for. Maybe my hair is too fine/oily? Maybe it would work on more Normal hair types. I wish this did work for me because the full size is $19.50 and now I have 2 of these samples.
Final Grade: B
I loved the Coastal Scents palette sampler and the lotion. I also love the inclusion of a dry shampoo, even if this particular brand doesn’t work for me. The after-sun lotion is a weird inclusion for January but I’ll see how it works this summer. The only thing I wasn’t super crazy about was that “water peel.”
I love receiving this fun box every month and I love its cost even more. Basically if you give up 2 Starbucks runs, you get a box. If you are interested in trying Birchbox yourself for $10/month, click here!
Lauren pays for this subscription. Post contains referral links.