Today I am bringing you my January Ipsy Glam Bag. I haven’t been totally thrilled with my last few ipsy bags but I really love this month’s products. For $10/mo, ipsy will send you a makeup bag filled with cosmetics to try. Occasionally they send high end samples and sometimes it’s smaller brands but it’s always fun to receive products to try.
Also, once you collect enough ipsy points for referral friends and reviewing products, you have the opportunity to trade points for different products. This month I cashed in my points for a full sized bareMinerals 5in1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow. I had received a sample of this product in a previous box and I really like the formula so I was glad to receive this in “Delicate Moss” which is more of a neutral grey.
Ipsy never sends a card with a list of the products which is kind of a bummer. But that’s OK. I just like to have a references for products and their usages and colors and stuff if it’s not always super clear. For $10/month I can’t complain but Birchbox manages to do it. Just saying.
- Probelle Nail Lacquer: I have finally received a nail polish I like in an ipsy box! I haven’t ever heard of the Probelle brand but I really like the color so I’m excited to try.
- Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm: I really like this lip balm! I am always on the hunt for the next best chapstick and this one is very moisturizing. It smelled slightly weird but I think that’s because I’m not used to a mojito flavor of balm.
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow: This was touted as sort of the “big ticket” item, though I have never heard of this brand before. This is a full size sheer, almost moonbeam colored shadow. I think this would also make an amazing highlighter on cheekbones.
- Hikari eyeliner in charcoal? (not sure what the actual name is but it’s a pretty charcoal grey): I like this eyeliner and I like that it isn’t another black. It has a sharpener on the other end to make sure you have the most perfect line.
- Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush: I’ve said it before– I LOVE receiving brushes in subscription boxes and I love this super soft all over shadow brush. The pink handle and bristles are fun and I can’t wait to use this immediately.
Final Grade: A
I loved this month’s bag! Though ironically, not the ACTUAL bag that came this month. I’m thrilled with all the products I received and I was excited to cash in for a full size BareMinerals product. Not a bad deal for $10, eh?
If you are interested in trying ipsy, click here for my referral link! I hope you love it the way I do! What did y’all get in your ipsy bags this month?
Lauren pays for this subscription. Post contains referral links.