It’s time for February’s ipsy glam bag! For $10/month, ipsy will send a makeup bag with mostly makeup products but sometimes hair, nails and beauty tools. This price-point is really nice because sometimes they will throw in a high-end product as well.
While this is a bag I like and recommend it to anyone that asks, I’m personally going to take a little break from it for a little while because I haven’t been getting a lot of products from it recently that I truly love. However, I’m hoping I can find someone to guest blog on their ipsy glam bags in the coming months!
One thing that has always sort of disappointed me about ipsy is that it doesn’t come with a card that tells me about all the different products with tips for using them. Birchbox has got this down to a science. I don’t understand why ipsy can’t catch up!
A lot of the boxes this month went very Valentine’s Day traditional with a lot of pinks and ipsy was no exception. Here’s what ipsy sent this month!
- eva-nyc up all night volumizing spray: I really enjoy receiving products like these and I’m looking forward to trying this the next time I wash and curl my hair. I’m always looking for anything that will make my hair even the slightest bit bigger. I TRY SO HARD.
- Model Co Blush in Peach Bellini ($22): This blush looks like an awesome dupe for NARS Orgasm. Meaning– I love it. Obviously. This is a color that is super flattering for a lot of skin tones. I’m looking forward to see how this dupe matches up to the real deal.
- Rob Scheppy ‘tini beauty in in Pearl Fizz ($12): I hadn’t heard of Rob Scheppy or ‘tini beauty until receiving this shadow. This is a nice shadow in a neutral color that looks great on the inner eye and browbone. This has a really pretty sheen that would make it very pretty as a highlighter as well.
- Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel off Mask (full size $29): Refinery 29 says this about this mask (you know, since ipsy says nothing): “We love a good peel-off mask — there’s something weirdly gratifying about physically pulling off all that dirt, grime, and gunk. And, this option has the added bonus of honey extract and alpha-hydroxy acids to smooth and hydrate your skin. too.” I’m looking forward to trying this and I’m glad it has ingredients that will hydrate my skin.
- Cargo Lip Gloss in Anguilla (full size $16): It was a bummer to receive a high end lip product in a color that I can never, ever wear. These light colors make me look like a corpse, which is not an attractive look for me. However, the formula is really nice! I’m jealous of whoever will wear this and look good in it. I wish that person was me.
Final Grade: A
With the exception of the lip gloss I will never wear, I really loved all the products! I’m a little sad that this is my last ipsy bag for a little while but I’m sure I will be able to find a wonderful guest blogger who will show us what I am missing!
Ipsy sometimes has wait lists but if you would like to sign up, click here!