With all of the boxes that we subscribe to, we certainly do get a mixed bag of products here at Boxy Ladies. However, there are some products that have become staples of mine that I may not have discovered if not for subscription boxes. I wanted to share with you some of these products that have become part of my daily routine!
- Julep Fluid Eye Glider: This was a product I originally got to try at the Dallas Maven Meetup. I couldn’t wait for it to come in my box after talking to Emily from Julep about how much they tested this product. It really is the perfect tip and formula. I have gotten so many compliments re: my perfect cat eye that I am not sure I’ve really ever been able to obtain prior to this product. I now have two of these. CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT.
- Julep Illume Eye Brightener: While Jill wasn’t the biggest fan of this product back in March, I use it every day! I use a light foundation and I use this under my eyes to brighten that area. It’s subtle but effective.
- One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum – $39: This is one of those products I didn’t know I needed until POPSUGAR Must Have included it in their April box. A serum for your body? Is that necessary? The answer is… yes. My skin has never been softer. And since trying this, I’ve also experimented with layering body oil under moisturizer for the same super moisturizing result. I’ll probably continue doing that if I don’t want to shell $39 for this wonderful smelling, super moisturizing body serum again. But let’s be honest, I probably will.
- Benefit’s Roller Lash: Remember when I kept getting Benefit Roller Lash in all my boxes? And how glad I was because as I showed (slightly crazy-eyed) how great it works? I had been staunchly a drugstore mascara girl until I got some of these fancier mascaras. Can I go back?! Outlook unclear.
- Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils False Lash Effect Mascara: Speaking of fancy mascaras…I was lucky enough to get into the Influenster YSL False Effect mascara campaign. And I was THRILLED with the results. I now alternate between this and the Benefit Roller Lash. My mascara budget is about to explode.
- Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar ($45 for 5.3oz): Apparently I was the last to know about this iconic bar of soap. (And did you know a bar of soap could be iconic?) Woody Allen famously immortalized Laszlo’s Black Soap in the 1977 film, Annie Hall. He says, “I found this in the apartment. Black soap. She used to wash her face eight hundred times a day with black soap. Don’t ask me why.” And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of its fame– Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Madonna are apparently fans. But WHO CARES ABOUT ALL OF THAT if the product doesn’t work? Since I’ve been using this regularly, I have barely broken out. I don’t have terrible skin in general but when I get a zit, I GET A BIG OLD HONKING ZIT (usually on my chin) and it stays for weeks. I really do feel like this soap has helped keep my skin under control. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had one of those big ol honkin zits, which is kind of the dream. That tiny bar of soap from my Allure Sample Society box lasted over 2 months. My friend Beth from Beeju Boxes sent me HER sample because she wasn’t going to use it (which I find insane!) But I knew I had to throw down for a full size. I’m curious to see how long it will last. I opened it when I first moved into my new house so I’ll be able to time it to see how long it will last. It’s important that your $55 bar of soap lasts awhile.
What are some of your favorite products you’ve gotten from boxes that you find yourself going back to time and time again? I’d love to hear if there’s something out there I need to add to my own arsenal!