This is my first real shipment from The Honest Company after my initial trial. I was excited to try more of their body products in addition to their cleaning products. I think their website initially confused me because this month I accidentally added an additional product that I paid for outside of the bundle.
Normally, the Essentials Bundle contains 5 Honest Company products of your choosing and costs $35.95. I think I kept changing my mind about the products and had trouble counting to 5 because I had to pay extra for the lip balm trio. However, the lip balms are great, but more on that later.
- Organic Body Oil: I’ve been using this oil post-shower and under lotion. I’m really into SUPER MOISTURIZED skin these days ever since I started using this body serum from my April POPSUGAR box. I guess I never really knew how soft my skin could be until I started layering products.
- Breathe Easy Rub: I got this for Matt since I’m always looking for products to help with his terrible allergies. I was getting ready to rub it on him and then we saw this product was for babies. It did say for babies and older but that’s ok. I rubbed it on my big baby and it did help him breathe a bit better at night.
- Lip Balm Trio: I liked this! I sort of wish I hadn’t added this on asan extra because I didn’t need lip balm THAT badly but I do like this. There are three scents: Lavender Mint, Sweet Orange Vanilla and Purely Simple (which was given to Matt.) I love the Lavender Mint and Sweet Orange Vanilla so much! The Sweet Orange Vanilla smells like an Orange Julius and the Lavender Mint is both calming and refreshing. I keep going back and forth!
- Honest Bubble Bath: I love taking baths. I’ve heard of several people (including my parents!) that are removing their big bath tubs in favor of a big walk-in shower. I get it– people shower more than they take baths these days. And there isn’t much better than a huge luxurious waterfall shower. But I do still like taking baths. There’s something nice about disconnecting for a bit, and being still, if only for a few minutes. The Honest Bubble bath had a nice subtle, natural smell but not overly fragrant. I prefer my bubble baths to be super nice smelling. I have one by U.S. Apothecary Rose Water Bubble Bath that I got in a POPSUGAR Must Have box that smells like a bouquet of fragrant roses. That is how I prefer my baths.
- Honest Glass + Window Cleaner: I previously bought the Multi-Surface Cleaner and the Bathroom Cleaner but I was missing the Glass + Window Cleaner. This worked well but had a strange smell… it wasn’t strong but it definitely smelled faintly of vinegar. I don’t know enough about the ingredients to tell if vinegar is actually in there, but just something to note.
- Honest Toilet Cleaner: I haven’t had the chance to try this yet but it has a pleasant eucalyptus scent. It almost makes me want to scrub toilets. Almost.
Final Grade: A
It’s hard not to rate a box an A when you pick all the products yourself! I definitely like the whole bundle idea with the ability to choose when you get it. I still need to make sure I don’t choose too many products but that is my own fault. I think by the next bundle, I will be ready for more cleaning products. The cleaning never stops with 3 cats. Never. Ever. Stops.
If you’re interested in trying out an Honest Company bundle for yourself, click here for my referral link.
Lauren pays for this subscription. Post contains referral links.