I actually sort of forgot about Walmart’s Beauty Box. I suppose that is kind of bad for a Subscription Box Blogger. But I was looking over my finances the other day and I saw the $5 charge from Walmart and thought, “Huh. I forgot that was a thing.” I never saw any spoilers or anything for the Walmart box so I was completely surprised when it came in the mail.
Unlike the wonderful Target Beauty Boxes, you actually CAN subscribe to Walmart’s beauty boxes that come out quarterly. You don’t have to receive special emails and place your order at 6am so it doesn’t sell out. You can just… subscribe. And it’s easy. And it’s cheap. $5. Bam. I was pleasantly surprised by the contents of the box.
- They sent a full size NYC Liquid Lipshine but the shade Nude York CIty seems too brown for me so I am leaving it in the packaging.
- I think I am most excited about the Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme. Nivea products are always super moisturizing and that size is perfect for a desk or purse. However, I’m leaving it in my bowl by the TV so it’s within easy reach.
- I’m very interested to try the CLEAR Scalp & Hair Therapy Nourishing Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Every now and then I feel like my products build up a bit and I need something to clean my scalp really well. Sometimes I use Matt’s Head and Shoulders for Men but then my hair sort of smells like men.
- I used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub when I was younger. Man I loved that stuff! It reminds me of high school and college. I feel like these days the scrub is a bit too harsh for my face.
- I have a few bottles of sunscreen around but nothing like the Neutrogena Sport Sunscreen with SPF 70. It’s a small sample but one I can definitely get at least one total use out of.
- I’ve received the Dove Go Fresh Revitalizing Body Wash in Mandarin & Tiare Flower in another box but I don’t mind receiving it again. I love receiving Dove products in boxes because it’s one of my favorite brands and I actually use their full sized body washes when I’m not testing samples. This is a great one for travel (or when I run out of my full sized!) so I am happy to have this again.
- I was also pretty happy to receive the Jergens Natural Glow lotion in Medium to Tan. I’ve tried this product before but I’ve always used the lighter version. I’m interested to see what the darker version does on my skin without having to pay for a full size. They gave me enough for 3 days so I think I should be able to tell.
- Something I’m less thrilled to have is the perfume sample You & I by One Direction. I am too old to understand the appeal of One Direction. I also can’t tell the difference between them and the other boy bands of today. And they all look so young that they are all entirely unappealing to me. I feel like one of them might have dated Taylor Swift but I don’t even care which one. But I did try the scent for the sake of journalism. It just smells sort of sweet and cloying.
- Something that I almost overlooked was a coupon book for a few different makeup brush brands: Real Techniques, EcoTools, and Essential Tools. The packet contained a $2 off coupon for each of the different brands. I’ve often heard good things from beauty bloggers about the Real Techniques brand so I might hold onto that particular coupon. You can really never have too many brushes.