I have been struggling to figure out what to post about since I am currently box-less. I think tomorrow the mailman is going to leave about 20 packages by my door but for now, I’ve just been figuratively wringing my hands thinking about what I can write about! That is, until Matt complimented me on my makeup as I was walking out the door to run errands.
So that prompted me to write a post about my weekend makeup essentials!
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Opal ($29): I’ve written about this stuff before… it’s essentially a great bb cream. If my skin is in great shape, I won’t even wear ANY foundation/bb cream on the weekends but alas, that is not the case for me right now. So I just used a light coating of this which also took care of my SPF for the day. Bam.
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Frenzy ($45): I’ll be honest with y’all– I didn’t buy this. I got this in a free sample bag when I attended The Makeup Show Dallas. I left this in my closet for awhile until I realized it was AWESOME. Basically, I mix the peachy color with the highlight color with reckless abandon and put it in the apples/cheekbone area and then I’m done. This somehow leaves me with the perfect amount of highlighter and blush. Easy peasy.
- Colourpop Supershock Shadow in Nillionaire ($5): I love this super shimmery, bronzy gold shadow. On the weekends, I don’t even bother with primer. I just put a bit of this on my lids with my fingers and I’m done.
- Benefit Roller Lash ($24): This is my favorite mascara, hands down. I have tried to find a cheaper dupe but sadly, nothing comes close. The premise of this mascara is that it’s supposed to be self-curling but I don’t so much think that is the case. What IS the case is how much this mascara lengthens and separates. During the week, I will definitely use my Shiseido Eyelash Curler but on the weekends, I just put this stuff on and go.
- Julep Lip Gloss in Posh ($20/$16-Maven price): I LOVE this color. It looks super dark in the tube but it is the perfect My Lips But Better color for me. So many nude lipsticks look terrible on me because my natural lip color is more of a berry color so those colors just look so strange on me. I keep Julep’s Posh in my purse at all times and also on my vanity so it’s always within reach for that perfect, barely there color.
- Warby Parker Glasses in Winston – Old Fashioned Fade ($95): On the weekends, ain’t nobody got time for contacts. I really like Warby Parker for a lot of reasons. First, I really hate shopping in real life. I love online shopping! It’s my absolute jam. So I love that you can try on different frames for free in the privacy of my own home. You can shamelessly take all the selfies you want and see how you look from all angles. Second, these glasses are CHEAP. For $95, the price includes both the frames AND the prescription lenses! I like to use my vision insurance to load up on contacts and then I’ll get Warby Parker glasses out of pocket. I might have paid a little bit more to shave down my lenses because otherwise they would have been like 3 inches thick or something. #Blind
- Baublebar 360 Rose Gold Studs ($28): Rose gold can be kind of tricky to wear sometimes so I like wearing it on the weekends with a grey t-shirt. (I’m almost always wearing a grey V-neck T-shirt on the weekends.) I like wearing simple studs with a bit of edge on the weekends. Nothing like I’m trying too hard but also nothing basic.
- Solid Bar Pendant ($34): I’m in love with this simple gold bar pendant. I know it doesn’t match my rose gold studs but it’s the weekend and I don’t care that much. #YOLO
What are some of your weekend makeup essentials? Did you see anything here that you’re interested in adding to your routine?