I’m really excited that I have the opportunity to review another mask by Valentia through Brandbacker. I really enjoyed using their Ultra Hydration Mask (which is now in heavy rotation at my house) so I was thrilled to try their Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask.
Valentia is also kindly offering our readers a 20% Off Discount Code that you can use on their site: BOXLAD20
Here are some of the ingredients present in the mask and what they do:
- Kaolin Clay: Clay minerals draw impurities, improve skin tone, and tighten pores for smoother firmer skin.
- Plant Stem Cells: Naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soothe the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
- Spirulina: A botanical stimulant full of vitamins that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
- CoQ10: Lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers: Both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.
I’ve been hearing a lot about Kaolin Clay recently. I think it’s the new “it” ingredient, now that Charcoal and Hyaluronic Acid are already all over the place. I first heard about it through Julep’s Kaolin Clay Konjac Sponge which touts Kaolin Clay as an ingredient that helps to detoxify skin.
When I used the mask, it applied like a regular clay mask. It had little granules in it that smoothed out as I put it on. Like similar masks, it went on wet and when it dried down it felt tight but not uncomfortable. I left it on for about 15-20 minutes while I watched TV (and also took the time to scare Matt because that is half the fun of masks. I think Jill and I spend an equal amount of time scaring our husbands while we wear scary bright lipstick or wear masks.)
While I can’t speak to the ingredients above that help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles (I pretty much always maintain that surface products can’t really do that), I thought my skin felt great after using it. My skin didn’t feel dry at all like it might after a typical clay mask. I think that is due to to some of the hydrating ingredients.
I’m definitely a fan of Valentia products, so I am really glad I was able to try their Skin Detoxifying Mask. You can get it on Amazon right now (with Prime shipping!) for $25 by clicking here, so if you are in the market for a new mask, I definitely recommend it!
And don’t forget, you can get 20% off their products on Valentia’s website using discount code: BOXLAD20
Complimentary press sample received in exchange for an honest review.
All opinions are my own.