Hello! It’s February Birchbox time! I subscribed to Birchbox again at a good time because I am receiving the prettiest boxes ever. Check out this box that was curated by Rent the Runway with all those roses! Just beautiful! I don’t know what I am going to keep in this box but it’s just so pretty. For $10/mo, Birchbox will send you a box of beauty samples, with the occasional full size product thrown in. It’s one of the first subscription boxes and they have this down to a science now. They always have a card that describes the products even tho each box can vary wildly. (Hear that, ipsy?)
The theme of this month’s box is “It’s all in the details “which makes sense for their collaboration with Rent the Runway. If you haven’t heard of Rent the Runway, this is a site where you can rent designer dresses/outfits/accessories for a much lower price than you would pay to buy the items outright. Obviously you can only keep the items for a few days, but this seems like a neat thing if you had a special occasion. I’ve never tried it myself but this is a neat concept. Birchbox included a $30 coupon code for a $75+ purchase. I was interested in how far that would go, and I looked up some dresses from Kate Spade and Badgley Mischka and dresses seem to be about $90ish to rent. With this coupon for a special event, it may be a good deal?
I’m pretty pleased about the products I received this month:
- Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in The Stuff that Cupid dips his arrows in: This was a sample of body wash that smells SO GOOD. Basically it’s an amazing combo of vanilla and blackberry. This is hitting my shower ASAP. Full size is $16.
- Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo: I love dry shampoo and I received this one in a Target Beauty Box awhile back so I already know I like it. I’ve been keeping this one in my desk at work so I may need a backup. Full size is $10-20.
- derma e Anti Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub: This is a nice scrub that says will slough off dull skin, fade dark spots and clean pores. You know, like other scrubs do. But I like using a scrub a few times a week so I’ll definitely try this one. Full size is $12.95.
- Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in black (I think): I have so many eyeliners so I decided not to open this one so I could potentially donate it. (Sidenote: I decided I wanted to stop testing every single thing I got that I knew I might not ever use so I could donate things to a women’s shelter or nursing home.) I have so many eyeliners so I am going to try to donate this particular type of item if I’m not super intrigued by it. Full size is $11-21
- theBalm Read My Lips: I had never tried a theBalm lip gloss before so I was excited to try it. This was a little more pink than I normally wear but I was interested in the formula. It feels very moisturizing and wears very nicely. My lips have been SO DRY lately so this would be something I could wear out that won’t suck the life out of my lips, which is nice. Full size is $15.
Final Grade: A
I really loved this box. First, the presentation was out of this world. But I really loved the products they included as well. I’m very fired up about the body wash, the dry shampoo, and lipgloss. The scrub will definitely be used and I’m excited to start my donation pile with an eyeliner. I still think this box has a value way over $10 so I am thrilled with this box.
If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, click here for a referral link. Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What did you get this month?
Lauren pays for this box. Post contains referral links.