It’s been a big week for Boxy Ladies. We’ve gone from dozens to hundreds of readers due to my post about the Maven Meetup, Julep’s blog mentioning our post about the aforementioned Maven Meetup, and this awesome article in Examiner.com written by the lovely Rachel Lewis Biggs.
Now this is a lot of pressure for our little blog! THE WORLD IS WATCHING. I HAVE TO MAKE THIS POST SO GOOD. DON’T PANIC, LAUREN.
- The first thing I have to do is issue the first Boxy Ladies retraction. If you remember here, I endorsed how awesome the Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color is. HOWEVER, I have to take it back! Unfortunately, after using it for a few days, I realized there was an ingredient in it that almost destroyed my lips, which is castor oil. I think I had a similar reaction to this as Jill had to the Julep lip treatments, which also contain castor oil. I’ve been desperately trying to repair them for over a week now. If you need me, I’ll be the girl sitting over here putting Vaseline on my lips over and over.
- On a personal note, we have finally been told when our house will be finished (end of March/beginning of April) and so we have been able to put in our notice with the apartments and set closing dates and all of that fun House Buying stuff. This is neat because we were previously just given very nebulous dates like “maybe early April.” Now on April 10th, we will be home owners.
- And back to my usual ridiculous-ness… Have I told you all how obsessed I am with Vanderpump Rules? I am very obsessed with it. And, I’ll just say it, so is my husband. VR is the only thing that makes Monday nights bearable and I am not quite sure what we are going to do without it. The season is quickly coming to a close and I don’t like it. I need to see what batshit crazy thing Kristen will do next and how Ariana will continue being better than her and everyone. I guess I will have to watch Shahs and Southern Charm. Like a person who also watches the news. (I obviously do not have time to watch the news.)
- This probably wouldn’t be a Friday Favorites post by me if I didn’t mention something from Baublebar I love. Right now I’m sort of obsessed with these earring trends from Baublebar but since I’m on a bit of a budget, I’m just going to post pictures here instead of buying them:
Sigh. They are all so pretty. Will someone please just buy them and wear them in my honor?
- The Maven Window opens today! After all my Julep posts this week, have you signed up yet?
- And seriously, I’m getting a little tired of telling you all to sign up for ebates and you constantly ignore my pleas to get you free money. So just sign up already so you can start taking baths in your pools of money, Scrooge McDuck-style.