Adore Box is a new subscription box that just hit the market in April (I think.) Because of the move, I haven’t been able to write about the contents til now. Adore Box kindly sent me this initial box for review, which was super sweet of them. The Adore Box site describes the box this way:
With a monthly beauty & lifestyle box subscription, you will receive a box of 4-7 carefully hand selected items. These items may include: Makeup, Hair Care, Skin Care, Jewelry, Edibles (We are talking chocolate here…), Accessories, and/or Housewares. These items may be sample, full size or a combination of both.
It does seem like Adore Box is in the early stages of creating a subscription box– the box was a regular cardboard box and the shipping label and contents slip seemed printed from a home printer. However, Birchbox wasn’t built in a day so I’m interested to see the box progression. I kept my subscription for another month, so I’ll let you know if there are any changes between the first box and the second.
But let’s see what’s inside!
I wanted to start with some of the fancier products in the box!
- Prada Bio Firm Concentrate ($5.99): I hadn’t ever heard of this product before so I googled it and I couldn’t find a full sized product for sale. I saw a bunch of samples like this for sale but I feel like this might be an older product? I’m not really sure. I thought the packaging was really cute but it wasn’t really functional. When you opened it up, you had to break the foil and there isn’t a way to seal it back up. I have only tried it on my hand for right now. I’m nervous about putting it on my face considering it’s not for sale anymore and I don’t know how old it is.
- MAC eye shadow ($16.00): This product wasn’t listed on the card, so I assume it was a “special add-on” that not everyone received. The weird thing about this was that it came just like the picture… not sealed, not in a box or anything. The product didn’t looked used or anything but the top of it was a bit scuffed up. I’m just not really sure where this would have come from?
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Nail Lingerie ($6.99): These are pretty! I’m interested to see how the work since they look pretty much like actual stickers. I’m not sure how they will work but they look like pretty nail art that I’m not sure I’m capable of so I will definitely at least attempt these and see how they work! The packages says they can last 10 days… time will tell!
- Dr. Rey Severe Line Refine Serum ($18.00): Luckily, I could find this product on Amazon but they are selling it for $5.99 there. While this is marketed as a serum, it is pretty liquid-y and kind of squirts out. According to the description on Amazon:
A breakthrough Dr. Rey formulation, Severe Line RefineTM will dramatically and quickly smooth the appearance of even the deepest wrinkles around your eyes, brows, lips and nose, and reduce enlarged pores.
- Wonderpuff Deep Exfoliating Cleansing Puff ($2.99): OMG. This reminded me of BufPufs from the 90s. Do y’all remember those? I was constantly asking my mom to buy them for me. They are great for exfoliation but can be a bit harsh as well so you’ll want to use this sparingly.
- Prestige Mascara and Matching Eyeliner ($9): This was a brown eyeliner and black mascara set. Luckily, both were sealed. Prestige is a drugstore brand and sold separately, the mascara is $7.50 and the eyeliner is $5.50 so this was a good deal.
- DMG Eye & Lip Liner ($3.99): LOL that this is both an eye and a lip liner. There isn’t anything super impressive about this, as it’s a black eyeliner. This was also not sealed in any way but it didn’t look used.
- Oli Anti-Aging Eye Contour Cream ($5.99): According to Adore Box’s sister site DivineAndSexy.US where this product is sold,
Oli Anti-Aging Eye Contour Cream is enriched with olive oil. All eyes will be on your eyes! This delicate cream stimulates cell regeneration, minimizes dark circles, relieves puffiness and prevents those age-revealing lines. This silky formula is lightweight and soothing.
Final Grade: C
I like to support new boxes so I want to give this one another shot before I make my final judgment. I like that they are trying to create a high value box by including high end products in addition to several drugstore options but I’m a little wary about the unsealed eye products. I also noticed they included 2 eyeliners and so I’m hoping for a bit more variety in products next time.
Click here if you are interested in signing up for Adore Box!
I received this box for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.