When I was offered the opportunity from Brandbacker to review a few skincare products from Valentia, I jumped at the chance! I always love trying new eye creams because the skin around my eyes can be a bit sensitive and I think everyone knows by now that Jill and I are really into masks. This was a no brainer!
I hadn’t heard of Valentia before so I did a little research on the brand. Valentia’s mission from their website:
To provide you a greater level of overall happiness with your appearance without the harsh chemicals that dry out, stretch, burn and prematurely age the skin. Our strategic formulations include powerful natural ingredients that have been scientifically proven to succeed in giving skin a natural and radiant glow that contributes to a youthful look.
It seems that the company has a focus on truly natural and organic ingredients in their products and they also do not test on animals. So that’s neat!
When I received my box of products, I ripped into the Valentia True Glow Eye Cream ($25) first! What I noticed right away is how smooth the light peach cream applies. It’s not thick but also not a gel. The result is a smooth. moisturized surface that is ready for makeup or even a thicker cream if you wanted to do that at night.
So, obviously this feels like a nice cream, but why? What’s the science behind it? Well, it’s packed with these ingredients:
- Astaxanthin: A powerful antioxidant that increases moisture levels, smooths fine line and wrinkles, and restores elasticity to the skin.
- Resistem: Natural Plant Stem Cells repair and protect the skin from harsh environmental pollutants and stress related aging.
- Vitamin C: Leaves the skin smooth and visibly brighter for a well-rested and bright eyed look.
- Organic Rosehip Oil: Provides intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Arnica: A key anti-inflammatory agent to the restorative process that works to diminish the appearance of dark circles.
I like using an eye cream for a few weeks before making a decision on how I feel about it, and I have to say that I really like this one! While this one isn’t going to be curing wrinkles (and I don’t believe any cream can do that!), I really love the consistency and how it feels on my skin. The only thing I DON’T really like about it is the pump in the container itself. The bottle is a generous 1.18 oz but the pump gives you way more than you need. As you can see in the picture below, that is a TON of product for the eye area. While I always put the excess on my neck or hands, I feel like I waste so much of the product that I would prefer to save for my eyes.
When I opened the jar of Valentia Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask ($25), I was surprised to see the bright yellow/orange color! While I’ve used a lot of clay masks and more recently sheet masks, I’m not sure I’ve ever used a cream mask like this. The directions are to apply to the face, avoiding the eye area and leave on for 15-30 minutes. The box also mentions that a tingling sensation is normal, but I didn’t notice that. I’m not sure how many of you have ever made your own homemade masks at home with the white of an egg, but if you have, you are familiar with the slight tightening of your skin, and that is exactly what this mask felt like! After the 15-30 minutes, you wipe off the mask with a warm cloth. My skin felt super smooth after using it. Not overly goopy like some creams or sheet masks. Just smooth and hydrated!
The ingredients of the mask are as follows:
- Silk Protein Amino Acid Blend:These natural miracles increase moisture content and help in the production of collagen and elastin which decreases the appearance of visible lines.
- Botanical Hyaluronic Acid:Penetrates deep into the skin to secure moisture and plump skin from within.
- Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil:An anti-aging wonder berry that results in fewer fine lines, diminished sun spots, more even skin tone, and firmer more supple skin.
- Japanese Green Tea:Contains catechins that provide anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant effects to the skin.
- Aloe Vera:This botanical moisturizers skin and fight aging by improving skin firmness.
I’ve been really impressed with my introduction with Valentia products! I might try their Even Glow Vitamin C Serum next!
Press sample was sent from Brandbacker in exchange for an honest review.