If y’all are long-time blog readers, you might remember that a few years ago, we were invited to The Makeup Show Dallas as Press. This was one of the first times a company reached out to us in that way, and we were STOKED. Obviously, Jill couldn’t go since she isn’t local to Texas, but my friend Rachel came with me and it was a blast. Rachel appreciates makeup the way I do, and we just soaked up all of the makeup knowledge we could in just a couple days.
If you missed it, check out our experience at the 2015 Makeup Show Dallas by clicking through the posts here.
But that’s the past. WE ARE ONTO THE FUTURE. I will be attending The Makeup Show Dallas this weekend and I am so psyched. James Vincent, the incredible makeup artist I met and wrote about a few years ago, who is also the Director of Artistry & Education for The Makeup Show, will be giving those of us in the Press group the 411 on all of the fall makeup trends. Additionally, a one-on-one interview with him may be in the works! I have been jotting down all the questions I want to ask him, so I really hope this works out and I’m not too much of a fan girl!
Additionally, I’m really intrigued by the news that Make Up For Ever is debuting their new Artistic Color Collection at The Makeup Show Dallas this weekend. After learning SO MUCH about the brand at the last Makeup Show Dallas I attended, it made me see the brand in a whole new light. Make Up For Ever is truly a makeup artist brand. Created by a makeup artist for makeup artists, the products are always so thoughtfully designed and created to help working makeup artists. Prior to that, I just thought it was a fancy Sephora brand (which it is, obviously) but it’s so much more!
I’ll definitely be posting about The Makeup Show after the fact, but I will be posting some stories to our Instagram this weekend, so be sure to follow us at @Boxy_Ladies!
And these are all of the big makeup artist names that will be speaking at various events this weekend. I’ve obviously heard of James Vincent, but I am looking forward to learning about these other amazing artists and gleaning as much knowledge from them as I can!
- Shelly Taggar – Owner of The Makeup Show
- James Vincent – Director of Artistry & Education for The Makeup Show
- Renny Vasquez – Celebrity Makeup Artist who has worked with celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, La La Anthony, and Serena Williams
- Sam Fine – Celebrity Makeup Artist who has worked on Kerry Washington, Jennifer Hudson, Naomi Campbell, and more
- Brian Champagne – After 30 years in the beauty industry and with over a million Instagram followers,Brian Champagne is a true legend in the beauty world and one of its top influencers.
- Danessa Myricks – Danessa has made a name for herself as one of the most creative artists in the makeup industry by creating the perfect beauty application and image.
If you are a working artist in the Dallas area and you are interested in coming to the Makeup Show Dallas, I highly encourage it! As someone who is not a makeup artist, it’s been really cool to see the sense of community among makeup artists, where big names are truly excited to help other makeup artists succeed. Makeup artistry is such a competitive industry, and unexperienced artists are finding fame on social media every day. However, The Makeup Show is all about sharing knowledge and building young makeup artists up so everyone has a chance at success, and I think that is so cool.
Click here for information on attending and stay tuned for my upcoming posts and Instagram updates!