The Target Beauty box is one of my favorite things ever. This isn’t a subscription box but seasonally, Target has been putting out boxes of products and samples for around $10 a pop. This time, they offered three different boxes: For Her (which I’m reviewing), For Him, and Naturals. The women’s box was $10 but For Him and Naturals were both $5. No matter which box you get, they are incredible values. I always find that there is one thing I would try outside of in a box so it’s a fun way to try some new things along side some things I would have bought anyway.
Sadly, I think all 3 boxes have sold out on the Target site. That is what happens when you put So Many Things in relatively inexpensive boxes. They are gonna go fast. This is why it’s important that you have a friend like Jill who texts you at like 6:30AM to tell you about the availability of said boxes. I may or may not have gotten a For Him box for a certain Him for Christmas. Oh, what the hell. I got one for Matt. He won’t read this. 🙂
Behold the contents! Basically you get All The Things for $10.
- L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara: This is the product I would have bought outside of buying a box. I love trying mascaras and that’s not something I go high end about. My favorites usually come from the drug store. That said, those mascaras can be $8-10, so essentially the cost of a Target Beauty Box. I had been wanting to try this for awhile because the wand is interesting. I really like those rubbery wands because I love the definition you can get from those type of bristles. I ripped this open first and put it right on and was impressed by the length and definition. This is definitely going into rotation tomorrow.
- Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen: I’m not easily impressed when it comes to black eyeliners in subscription boxes. That’s a staple, really. But the card said it “delivers a liquid liner effect without the fuss.” I was intrigued. I was also kind of confused because while it’s called a pen, let’s be real, it’s definitely a pencil. LET’S REMEMBER THAT WORDS MEAN THINGS. Anyway. While a pencil, it has incredible color payout. This is a SUPER dark black and once you put it on, it will not budge, similar to a liquid liner. I put this on my hand at the beginning of the night and it was still going strong after doing some dishes. I had to scrub it with some makeup remover exfoliating cloths to get it off. This isn’t a bad thing, just something to note. You want your liner to stick around! I’m impressed with this. Sometimes I give away my eyeliners that I get but I’m keeping this one.
- Revlon HD Lacquer: This is a thick, opaque gloss. You definitely get good color payout, but it’s not a color that suits me too well and also a bit gloopy so I will likely be gifting this to my niece. I can just see her on Christmas… this is going to be all over her face, no doubt.
- Hair Food Thickening Solution: When I saw this product listed in the box, I was very interested in it. I like hair masks because I am very hard on my hair. I’ve bleached it. I heat style it every day. My poor hair. I had previously been using this Neutragena mask but that was the only one I had ever tried so I am interested in trying a new one. This one is infused with Honey Apricot fragrance. Yum.
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Kit: Eye shadow is one of those I do tend to get a bit snobby about. There are some exceptions but typically drug store shadows just don’t have the pigmentation that more expensive brands do. That said, the colors that they sent, “Smokey Nudes” are really nice for making a smokey eye. I didn’t want to open the package to swatch because this is something I will likely give away or swap but it’s still nice to receive a full size eye shadow!
- ChapStick Total Hydration Lip Care: This is another item I was pretty excited about. I always have a chapstick within arm’s length. My lips are never chapped, y’all. I have one on my night stand, 5 feet away in my bathroom, in the bowl where I keep my remotes in the living room, in my purse, on my desk at both home and work. You get the idea. This is something I just never get enough of. I was mistaken when I first saw this was included because I thought this was going to be a peach tinted chapstick. I was wrong! It just SMELLS like sweet peach, which is one of my favorite things. I love peaches, peach tea and I’m thrilled to start using my Sweet Peach ChapStick!
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: Laneige is a brand I discovered through the last Target Beauty Box. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the “BB Cushion” they supplies. Definitely higher end than I’m used to seeing. However, it was more of a one try kind of sample so I’m glad they provided another product I can try. I like Sleeping Masks. What’s a Sleeping Mask? Well, it’s kind of how it sounds– it’s a mask you sleep in! These masks aren’t the scary green/black/white masks that women terrify their husbands with. More like a nice cream that is meant to be washed off in the morning. But you’re washing your face every morning anyway, right? 🙂 I love my Korres sleeping facial but that’s close to $50. I’m willing to give Leneige a try for $23!
- Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Advanced: This was the only true sample size they included in the box. You can really only get one use out of this which makes it difficult to know how it’s going to work on your skin on a consistent basis. But maybe that is why they included a $3 off coupon so you could try a full size! Or anything else! The world is your oyster!
I’m rating this box an A, no question. This is one of my favorite boxes and I love it because it’s jam packed with full size products, some of which I would have tried anyway. It’s a total bargain. They also included a few coupons. Like I mentioned, the $3 off at Target beauty. But they also included 20% Women’s Apparel. Hey now. Additionally, they included $10 to Dermstore.com I didn’t end up shopping at Dermstore.com the last time I received a discount there, but I’m not sure I would have ever heard of Dermstore.com without their advertising in Target Beauty Boxes. So way to go, cross-marketing!
I hope you all were able to buy your own Target Beauty Boxes! We’ll write about the For Him box after Christmas and Jill will write about the Naturals box shortly!