Glossybox has done it again. Their packaging is so incredible. They barely have to put anything IN the box to make it worth my while. But they do put things in the box! So it’s even better! For $21/mo, Glossybox sends you a pretty box full of makeup/hair/nail products. It’s so fun. While I love this box a lot, this is one I will be saying goodbye to in a few months, after my 3 month subscription runs out. I need to save up for house things! 🙂
Glossybox always knocks it out of the park with presentation. From the front of the box, you can probably tell that this month’s focus was on Valentine’s Day, Love, Pink, all that stuff.
- Royal Apothic Tinties Lip Butter in Pink ($14): This feels really nice on and actually has some nice color to it! It’s more of a hot pink which is not a great color for me but I like the formula. It says it contains soothing ingredients like argan, grape seed and almond oils along with shea butter. However, I threw away the box before I could see if it has castor oil in it and I can’t find a full ingredient list on the internet.
- Julep Color Treat in Hartleigh ($14): Julep is just giving these things away like candy, aren’t they? It’s a shame I do not like it at all. I’m not so much of a glitter girl and I’m definitely not a PINK glitter girl and I’m DEFINITELY DEFINITELY not a pink HEART glitter girl. But I know some gals that actually do like this polish, so it will find a good home.
- Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara ($22): I have never heard of this brand before but it’s apparently a brand from the UK and not Japan or Korea as I would have guessed. It works as a nice mascara but it’s not as lengthening as I would like. I love those rubber-y bristles these days (like in Cover Girl Clump Crusher) so I’m less interested in the “old” type of mascara bristles. However, I will say that the formula was nice and didn’t flake at all.
- Rituals Cosmetics Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Yogi Flow ($15): I’ve really been loving this. It has a really interesting formula which transforms from a gel to a foam with contact of water. This also smells so good, with ingredients like almond oil, and indian rose. I also love that this is a full size product! I’ve also used this as a shaving lotion in a pinch and it worked well for that as well!
- Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner ($36): I haven’t yet jumped aboard the co-wash trend, but I was just reading about it today. The idea behind co-washes or “cleansing conditioners” is that it’s using a conditioner to clean your hair instead of the traditional shampoo suds. Sometimes it takes people some time to get used to it because we are used to the suds. I know I am– I’m slightly nervous to try this. Especially because my hair is on the fine/oily side. But since I was given this product, I might as well see if this is something that could work for me sometimes. The gal over at TheBeautyDepartment.com recommends dividing your hair into 4 sections and rubbing the co-wash into them before massaging it in all over. I might try this tonight. Hopefully I won’t have to shower again tomorrow morning. 🙂
Final Grade: C+
I really love the shower gel and I’m curious about the co-washing. I love Julep SO MUCH but I really do wish I could get a different color from them! The Royal Apothic Lip Butter was so pretty, too. The only thing I’m pretty ho-hum about is the mascara, but it is always fun to try something new.
I love opening my Glossybox every month. You should, too! Click here to sign up for Glossybox for yourself!
Lauren pays for this subscription. Post contains referral links.